male & female Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vindogg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, can u keep a male n female betta fish in the same tank?

Only when theyre breeding other than that they will kill eachother u can with two females if u get lucky

vindogg said:
Hi everyone, can u keep a male n female betta fish in the same tank?

There are rare instances of success but there are typically multiple females & a large well planted tank. It's not a risk I would take with my Bettas. As previously stated you can keep multiple females successfully if the right conditions are met. Plenty of space, lots of plants/hidey holes.

hellaasian said:
Only when theyre breeding other than that they will kill eachother u can with two females if u get lucky

I just want to add something here. Two female bettas will probably not work either. You want at least 4-6 of them to make sure their aggression is distributed between them all, so they aren't just fighting all the time like only two females might.

Thanks! Another question how come both sexes aint compatible with each other, other than when the female is in season

Thanks! Another question how come both sexes aint compatible with each other, other than when the female is in season

There are many species you'll find, not just in fish, but in other animals, where the only time males/females are compatible is when it is time to breed. Certain species are just formed that way. Dunno why.

Thanks but I was just wondering if their any specific reasons know why for this?

Back
Top Bottom