Male guppy wont leave female molly alone!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grace130994

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I Read online that the guppy might be confused as to what type of fish the female is so i some bought two female guppies and he still won't leave the Molly alone, he doesn't even go near the female guppies, at all... Is there any way I can sort this out apart from separating them? thanksn

Separation is the only answer unless the female molly dies. You won't be able to convince the male guppy to do anything but what his tiny brain is telling him to do. The female guppies must be happy....their lives are constant harrassment usually.

butterfly_koi said:
What is he doing to them? Guppies can breed with Mollies. Food for thought in case you didn't know :)

No I didn't know that! Haha he just follows her all the time by her side etc etc. just nagging her! The poor thing! She's fully grown though and he's tiny in comparison so it just looks funny, I guess he just doesn't want any other girl lol :)

MartyMA said:
Separation is the only answer unless the female molly dies. You won't be able to convince the male guppy to do anything but what his tiny brain is telling him to do. The female guppies must be happy....their lives are constant harrassment usually.

I think I will probably put him in my other tank because I don't want her to get stressed and die or anything, a shame I couldn't tempt him with any other females :( haha thank you

Back
Top Bottom