Male or female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely male. There are no blue flecks inside the black spot either.

This is not a viable form of sexing german rams, I have seen many males with blue scales over the lateral spot, it really only applies to wild rams

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is not a viable form of sexing german rams, I have seen many males with blue scales over the lateral spot, it really only applies to wild rams

If I may have the stage for a brief moment..hey gillie.. i got a small wild ram, no pic atm.. it's about 1.5" and has this circle of blue just in that spot and no where else..female for sure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep, that looks like a female. She should color up once she's out of the bag and settled into the tank :)

The male is taking to her instantly. Of course in the pic the female is facing the wrong way and my male angel is photo bombing. Having trouble up loading the pic

I see you didn't buy from YUNITE then? X) I didn't even notice your angel at first,he's so dark

Yup. First one is definitely male and the second is, from what I can tell, female. Pointed dorsal fin on the first is a pretty good give away. Second has a rounded dorsal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pandicorn, yeah he's almost entirely black even his eyes. He's the male in my breeding pair of angels. http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums...9-7FF3-422C-96AE-C03150886447_zpslxjvmhgz.jpg. For the price yunite charged I ended up with 4 golden rams. http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums...7-9FB3-4614-A4C0-DC656170DDF2_zpsq1ijtjge.jpg and my two GBRs. My male is stunning. http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums...3-2EED-48AE-9AF8-A6422061EE99_zpsmgeanuvu.jpg this pic isn't great but I couldn't get a better shot ATM.

Dang. That angel is indeed black as black can be! Impressive looking guy. Golden and blue rams are both quite stunning, too.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea, I'm curious too see how the angels fry will turn out. They usually lay eggs every two weeks. But so far they usually end up getting eaten. Once they lay again it will be their 5th time, I'm going to remove the eggs and hatch them on my own.

Yup, his rams are great! x) Mine bred already, eggs got to black dot stage, then got eaten x(

If I may have the stage for a brief moment..hey gillie.. i got a small wild ram, no pic atm.. it's about 1.5" and has this circle of blue just in that spot and no where else..female for sure?

I would say so, but at that size it should also have a pink belly, a pic would be helpful

Female? No real noticeable pink, than again no real additional coloration at all yet..

Attachments

• 1403001663989.jpg
    1403001663989.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 1403001672361.jpg
    1403001672361.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 63
Female? No real noticeable pink, than again no real additional coloration at all yet..

Attachments

• 1403001760356.jpg
    1403001760356.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom