Male or Female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clb33

Aquarium Advice Activist
These are my new L. Curviceps that I got yesterday. I was wondering if anyone could tell what they were??
Thanks,
Christine

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407878440.722513.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407878453.021698.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407878460.228743.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407878471.979434.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407878482.021893.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Anyone?

You'll need to let them settle in, stress colors make it tough to sex, also take some better pics right after or during feeding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I'll see what I can do my cameras not the best as you can tell

Hope some of these are better... The one with the longer dorsal fin keeps chasing the other too so it's hard to get a picture of that one...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407983387.260283.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407983407.202714.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407983430.080934.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407983472.868658.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407983487.180913.jpg

They are what???

I thought they were skinnier than when I had Curviceps before but I figured it's because they were young... So they're not Curviceps...

I thought they were skinnier than when I had Curviceps before but I figured it's because they were young... So they're not Curviceps...

Nope, try googling nannacara anomala or golden dwarf cichlid.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Great... Thanks Just Pets

Gillie knows what's what. .. suurrryyyy

It's ok I am taking them back getting a store credit... Just to much aggression for my liking

I bought them back today for store credit they were just to aggressive and I was worried the female might get killed... When I brought them back they tried to convince me that they were infact Curviceps and that everyone who told me otherwise was wrong he even brought out his book and showed me a picture of the, I told him the larger one's strip totally went away when not stressed his comment was every fish is different REALLY??? Curviceps hold there stripe I've had them before but he insisted they were infact Curviceps and that I was wrong... They therefore did not Chang the tag on they tank. Still got the in store credit so I'm fine with that but not going to buy cichlids from them unless I'm 100% sure I know what I'm getting

He's an idiot, gillie is right. Gillie sexed my juvie panduro that was so stressed it was actually trying to display female colors so the psycho female would stop beating on him.. these types of dwarfs can be extremely aggressive, it can be as simple as switching up a mate that will calm them down. Worked for me anyways.. if you're wanting a chill dwarf?? These cacs are in my 30l communtiy, even in spawn they arnt that bad.. she goes bright canary with fry and after a good meal;)

Attachments

• 1408191889656.jpg
    1408191889656.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 45
I'm actually looking at trying to find these:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408211881.604490.jpg

Or these:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408211935.104920.jpg

Keep in mind.. aggression will probably be present with those??

I read they were peaceful

Ok thanks Gillie

Back
Top Bottom