Male or female flame dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikaelf77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have what I thought was 2 male flame dwarf gourami and 1 coral blue dwarf gourami but in the past week I have noticed one of the flame and the blue gourami have been making nests and the flame I had previously assumed was a male has a huge belly! It's still as active as it usually is and it's not pineconing so I don't think it's bloat (although I could be wrong)

Here's a pic of him/her so you guys can help. Thanks in advance!

image-846636563.jpg

You have all males. Females are dull in colour, and are white hard to find since they aren't in demand. 3 males should typically be avoided due to aggression. What size tank are they in? If he's fat it could be bloat. Try feeding cooked deshelled peas.

My oval petshop has female dwarf gourami in at the moment and none of them are dull in colour. They have both the flame and the coral blue coloration and they look exactly like the males. This is why I'm confused

My oval petshop has female dwarf gourami in at the moment and none of them are dull in colour. They have both the flame and the coral blue coloration and they look exactly like the males. This is why I'm confused

Then they aren't females! :) they would be males. Females are hard to find in the aquarium trade.

I think she might be holding eggs already!

Attachments

• image-3131705002.jpg
    image-3131705002.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2667298353.jpg
    image-2667298353.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom