Many questions regarding Rams, otos, betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 3 otos in with my 2 rams in a 20gallon tank. The male is constantly picking on the otos and my female. One of my oto's tail is a bit frayed and it looks torn in one place. I am wondering if I can take them out of the 20 and put them in the 10g with my betta? Or would the betta pick on them as well?
The other question I have is about the male ram. He is always chasing my female. He really doesn't let her rest too much. Would another female in the 20g be too many? Would the 2 females fight a lot?

I don't know what to tell you about your rams, but I had luck when I kept my otos in a 10 with a betta. He pretty much ignored them.

Plus the otos are pretty fast. I just don't want them harassed any more than they are. :cry:
Anyone else have experience with otos and bettas?
Or 3 rams in a 20?

I have one badass male Ram in my 30g. There are 2 females and 2 males. He harasses the heck out of the other 3 Rams.....to the point that I am ready to take him back and exchange him for another one. The males were added to the tank this afternoon and already this one male has taken control, sending the other 3 scurrying for cover.

I've had bettas with just about everything and I've never had a problem w/ the bettas going after anything, but I've heard other people who've had betta nightmares. Worth a try.

Excellent! I will move my otos then asap.
And I guess I will try another female ram, and hope for the best.

yeah i have 2 male rams in a 92 gallon and one of them chases the other around a little bit but doesn't do any damage, it's just a bluff, but i am however going to add a female which i have in QT (has a parasite) and i'm going to see how that hits off (not too sure how males will react)

Back
Top Bottom