Marbled Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking about getting some marbled crayfish for my open 10 gallon tank. I have a few questions first

I saw a bid going for them on aquabid and it closes in 3h. Are they quite rare on aquabid or could I just buy them from someone else?

I recently changed my substrate to medium sized gravel. Here is a picture

image-1461361034.jpg

Will that be ok? I can always change it back

Also when they breed I'm thinking about selling the babies or feeding them to my 40 gallon fish, which consist of a ram, platys and some smaller fish. Would they eat the crayfish?

I don't know much but I know some one who does hopefully craw chief will chime in if he's on. Because he knows all about them.

I'm thinking about getting some marbled crayfish for my open 10 gallon tank. I have a few questions first

I saw a bid going for them on aquabid and it closes in 3h. Are they quite rare on aquabid or could I just buy them from someone else?

I recently changed my substrate to medium sized gravel. Here is a picture

Will that be ok? I can always change it back

Also when they breed I'm thinking about selling the babies or feeding them to my 40 gallon fish, which consist of a ram, platys and some smaller fish. Would they eat the crayfish?

I can ship some to you, I have quite a few babies right now. The gravel will be fine, and as long as you feed them before they get too big I'm sure the fish would love the snack. They are really tiny when they first hatch. PM me

Hey dude sorry your inbox was full but good news my dad said we can set up my Paypal during this week! Just wondering is it difficult/risky to ship from Louisiana to NY? I will also pay extra for the heat like you said

Clear your inbox!

Edit - I sent you an email at the address you gave me

Hey Alyxx, I live nearby to you, (near new orleans/marrero) how much do you think it would cost to get a few marbled crawfish off of your hands? :angel:

mikie0607 said:
Hey Alyxx, I live nearby to you, (near new orleans/marrero) how much do you think it would cost to get a few marbled crawfish off of your hands? :angel:

I sent you a pm!

Hey Alyxx, your inbox is full but Im gonna be trawling longer than expected, do you think you could send the crayfish on thursday instead if you have time? Thank you very much.

Right now I don't have any of shippable size, but I will in a month or so. It is probably better to wait until the weather cools down a little, too. If I can find some cold packs, I'll be more than happy to let you know when I have some I can ship, though!

Always remember when buying a marmokreb you have a huge responsibility on your hands. Be extra careful with them and never pour your tank water down the drain if you have marmokrebs, throw the water on your lawn or use it for plants. You wouldn't want one to get out in the wild. Most people that get them end up over run with babies, I have 6 peruvian puffers and a red eye, i'm over run with them. That's feeding 3-4 crays a day.
No to be a Debbie downer but if you just have a ram and other smaller fish, i wouldn't get a marmokreb, you couldn't feed them fast enough.

Always remember when buying a marmokreb you have a huge responsibility on your hands. Be extra careful with them and never pour your tank water down the drain if you have marmokrebs, throw the water on your lawn or use it for plants. You wouldn't want one to get out in the wild. Most people that get them end up over run with babies, I have 6 peruvian puffers and a red eye, i'm over run with them. That's feeding 3-4 crays a day.
No to be a Debbie downer but if you just have a ram and other smaller fish, i wouldn't get a marmokreb, you couldn't feed them fast enough.

Do you have any you want to sell or give away?

Haha, I did a water change for both days in a row, 60% each. There was still the same amount of crap I got out today too! They're really messy lol

Back
Top Bottom