Marbles for tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HOLLIEO

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, so from much debate on a previous thread...
I have decided to go out and buy marbles for the breedeing portion of my tank. My question is do I have to do anything special to the marbles before introducing them into the tank?

What if you go to the aquarium shop and buy them there. There are either marbles, or polished stones that look very much like marbles.

If the whole point was that you had marbles and don't want to buy anything, I would say just the standard boiling and vinegar test.

i would probably just rinse it under hot water...if its from a petstore...it shouldn't really matter so just rinse it with hot water :mrgreen:

My question is do I have to do anything special to the marbles before introducing them into the tank?

Wash them. I got my marbles from Toys R Us. They're cheaper than Petsmart. You can boil them if you want, but if they cool too quickly, they'll crack. They're glass.

Thanks. I boiled them, just to be sure and then let cool. Then once cool, I rinsed off and put in the tank. So far so good. Thanks a bunch! :D

Back
Top Bottom