Mardel - Bactershield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know if it treats both gram positive and gram negative bacteria? I've tried googling but couldn't find anything. It's the only medication in all the stores around me that claims it will treat Columnaris.
Thanks!

What are the active ingredients? Columnaris isn't a bacteria. It's a parasite. The best thing to use is levamisole. Angels plus sells medicated flakes that contain it.

What are the active ingredients? Columnaris isn't a bacteria. It's a parasite. The best thing to use is levamisole. Angels plus sells medicated flakes that contain it.

Scrap that. It's too early in the morning for me! Columnaris is a gram negative (usually) bacteria. Camalanus is a parasite.
What's the active ingredient?

Scrap that. It's too early in the morning for me! Columnaris is a gram negative (usually) bacteria. Camalanus is a parasite.
What's the active ingredient?

I'm not sure I don't own it. The thread discussing this is titled "Columnaris!?!?!?" But I just found the right stuff everyone is telling me to get. Problem is I can't get it cause I have no ride :/

Two words for you: Potassium Permanganate.

Grab a white bucket fill it with two gallons of distilled water and add enough potassium permanganate to make a strong purple solution. Then dip the affected fish for 30 minutes. Monitor the fish to make sure he's not too stressed. If the fish shows any signs of stress, put him back in the main tank and try again the next day, but this time with a pinkish solution. Do not use tank water for this treatment, nor dechlorinator until you are done. Dechlorinator will make the potassium permanganate ineffective.

David

Back
Top Bottom