Marineland Labs BIO-Safe Tap Water Detoxifier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilbur6689

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I opened the Marineland Labs BIO-Safe Tap Water Detoxifier bottle and it smells really bad and made my fish tank smell bad.

Is that normal?

how long does it take to make the smell go away?

Tank:55 gallons
temp:76f

I cant find one. it is an older bottle of the stuff, my biggest worry is if it will harm the fish. I put about 2-3 teaspoons in the water(40gal+/-)

I cant find one. it is an older bottle of the stuff, my biggest worry is if it will harm the fish. I put about 2-3 teaspoons in the water(40gal+/-)
I'm not familiar myself with this product, but if it is indeed a tap water contidionner, it shouldn't stink, and is probably expired. Do you know since when you had it? Unless that's not what it is.

yeah, its probably a few years old. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if my fish die or not.

somewhere else I read that the tap water conditioner smelled bad but I guess not.

yeah, its probably a few years old. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if my fish die or not.

somewhere else I read that the tap water conditioner smelled bad but I guess not.
None of my conditionners smelled bad. I suggest throwing it and getting a new one and do a water change.

Back
Top Bottom