Marineland LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mybubbles65

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a used 55 gallon tank. It came with a marineland led light. I'm not happy with the brightness but have no idea if it's a single or double brightness. The only markings on it is a stamp on the back that says 01f32. How can I find out if it's a single or double bright? If it's a single, I'd like to get a double.

If you're going for a planted tank forget the Marineland IMO. Too overpriced for the low power you get. You can buy the cadillac LED (build my led) for the price of their planted version. (which is only med light, I have the Marineland planted). For a medium light in the right spectrum for plants, look at Finnex or Current LED models. If you have the funds and may want to go high light someday, BML will custom build you one with a dimmer for the same general price of a Marineland planted. For LED's, Brian_Nano12g is a great guy to ask. He's my "go to" guy when it comes to questions about LED's. Great guy too. OS.

Just want more brightness. Just want to know how to figure out if it's a single or double brightness before I waste money on a double and it's the same as the one I have.

Just want more brightness. Just want to know how to figure out if it's a single or double brightness before I waste money on a double and it's the same as the one I have.
I believe what Old Scales is saying is that the Marineland is overpriced for what you get. But, you could simply buy a second fixture for more brightness. Two fixtures mounted side by side should fit. I would look into Finnex or Current USA fixtures for value fixtures.

If you have a little Cash to burn: Kessil A150W(4 for a 55 gallon) or buildmyled.

Marineland = NO.

I have an aqueon led light. Think it's aqueon...? Got it at petsmart for $80 I think for a 48" a few years ago. Came with one white light with moonlights and there's 2 open slots for more light strips. I bought a color max strip off amazon for $40 about a year and half ago. I like the led's, I also don't have a planted tank either. It's really quite bright! I was thinking of getting a 3rd strip, but might be too bright for me. My tank in the evening lights up my entire living room!

If we're thinking about the same LED light then check for the number LEDS. The double bright model has less LEDs but each individual bulb is bigger. Hope this info helps you.

Back
Top Bottom