Mass Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

360º

Aquarium Advice FINatic
75 gallon tank with aragonite substrate.

i had peacocks in there and in the last few days i noticed 2 of them with velvet, so i turned up the heat and added some salt.

this morning i wake up and i have 7 dead fish laying on the bottom!

i checked ammonia and nitrite and both are at 0.

nitrate was below 10ppm

so im just wondering if anyone knows, does velvet really kill my fish over the course of a few days?

I have never had that disease but my brothers salt tank has gone throught it a couple of time due to lack of quarentine tank tank.

Velvet is similar to ick's lifecycle but generally does not kill fish in a few days.

Did the other dead fish have velvet? or any other symtoms prior to death? not eating? lethargic? or behavior that was not normal? and last have long have you had the fish?

I have never had that disease but my brothers salt tank has gone throught it a couple of time due to lack of quarentine tank tank.

Velvet is similar to ick's lifecycle but generally does not kill fish in a few days.

Did the other dead fish have velvet? or any other symtoms prior to death? not eating? lethargic? or behavior that was not normal? and last have long have you had the fish?

i had the fish for 7 days, everything seemed normal and im pretty sure they all had it.

they were eating fine and acting normal and then just bang, dead

Back
Top Bottom