Massive suprise means downsize

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes :) Just picked up another heater heater here for the tank. We have a new small puppy so I can put the gas heater on 'for the dog'.

Yeah sigh - the water changes are not much fun at the moment. I agree - roll on summer! Got a kind of a bet at work that I can get plants growing before I give up and go plastic...

Lol - so tempting!

Lots of element deficiencies it looks like so far. I've got dry ferts on order as amazingly nitrates are down around 5ppm and I used to think anything below 30 was great. It's hard here as buying the plants I can now see the problems with them but haven't figured out how to fix them.

I just noticed even my **** flamebacks are acting spawny too now - what's doin with these fish??!!! Lol!! I'm so not prepared for baby cichlids atm - I only have 2 x 20ltr tanks that would be able to hold the babies for a little while with water changes every other day - luckily I have sponge filters hidden in the back of the main tank that I can just transfer over.. From what I gather they hold the eggs and fry for awhile anyway... These guys are so much different to the guppies I used to breed lol!!

10 weeks to go here - hanging in there on bedrest as of yesterday trying to keep this little lady from coming early.... Really want to avoid that as I'll be sent 4 hours from my little people!!!

I did a water change the day before all this happened which I'm glad I did though now seems I have a bacterial bloom going on... Started a thread about that one.

Just thought I'd update you guys!!

Not allowed to turn up before I get plants growing! Which will be anytime this week or month maybe (sometime this year - the lfs just says 'see you soon every time I get some' - cheeky lot).

Thanks for the update, hope all goes well. Is the room sorted?

Yep everything is ready for her arrival - for now her room is pink - everything pink - after 2 boys I couldn't help it :) but I'm contemplating a full reef theme when she is older :) unfortunately for my husband (fortunately for me) I found lots of gorgeous online stores - she has a full double wardrobe, and 2 tall boys that are full of pretties :) :)

Somebody has to test this stuff :) Got a package waiting tonight I think. Will be interesting buy. I tried a small T5HO but it's like waving candles compared to the LEDs. And the bulbs add up for large light units.

I did suggest a skylight but that was rejected by planning committee yet again :(

I almost said it would be cheaper but thought that might not be such a good point. I should just bite the bullet and pay the postage to get BML lights from US but not quite there yet.

Hmm, light arrived. Haven't decided if I like it yet (hard to go from looking at reef light blue to hydroponic red lights). Need to re-arrange lights.

Back
Top Bottom