Maybe a strange question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

P8ntballer52

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have heard of people feeding there fish fruits and veg. And I guess my question is..can you? Is that ok? And if so what are some fruits and veg that would work best?

I had a goldfish as a kid that really liked peas, especially fresh out of my Aunt's garden. I think it depends on the type of fish though, too.

i heard of the vegies but not the fruit yet. yes, i am sure you can give your fish some vegies occassionaly and also when some of them are constipated. most members here used boiled peas.

Well I have.

South American puffer
Swordtail
Angelfish
Red tail shark
Gormies
Catfish
And a few others

Well I donthave any gold fish. But do I just cut some stuff up and put it in the tank or what?

Do I Need to pull it out after a few hours?

P8ntballer52 said:
Well I donthave any gold fish. But do I just cut some stuff up and put it in the tank or what?

Do I Need to pull it out after a few hours?

Any hard vege blanch then add to the tank (peas, fresh beans). I leave it for 24hours then remove the remaining (if there is any).

P8ntballer52 said:
So just blanch any hard veg?

What about fruit?
Yes. Maybe just stick to the greens. I wouldn't feed potato. Lol.
Fruit I'm not 100% on what they would eat. You could try some and see if they eat it. What did you have in mind?

I wasent sure. Maybe banana, apple, pear, ect.

I wanted to make sure nothing would hurt them or anything to the water

P8ntballer52 said:
I wasent sure. Maybe banana, apple, pear, ect.

I wanted to make sure nothing would hurt them or anything to the water

Try the banana or a really ripe pear. The apple is probably too hard. I can't see how it could hurt the tank other than fouling it up if left in.

your bottom feeders would probably like zucchini or cucumber. i personally don't blanch veggies unless they're extremely hard. (like carrots) not blanching keeps the veggies fresh longer, so you can leave most of them in for more like 2 days.

I threw in a piece of zucchini as a Christmas present for my Cory's and Amano shrimps but it was left untouched, it just melted away in there with poop covered over it

Back
Top Bottom