Me and my filter addiction.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So is it all baffled like a mini sump? That seems neat.

I did watch a couple of videos on it just now. It seems really well designed.

Yeah, because of that, the same size aquaclear equivalent has lower GPH. But no water is bypasses in the Fluval C.

So I'm looking at the Fluval C2 or C3 for my 10g (why? title says it all)... and I can't figure out how it is configured. Everyone is praising the modularity. are the red baskets two separate baskets? So it seems like the baskets themselves take up a lot of space!
Can I fit a purigen packet in there? It seems like there are only 2 cartridge "slots"

Is there more room in here than in an Aquaclear 30?

Does anyone have pics of it taken apart?
Edit: Off to YouTube I go!

I have the c3 and it's amazing super easy to clean.but your right the plastic baskets do take up abit of space but there is a big compartment for sponge a med compartment for carbon and a small spot for the white bio stuff. Its quiet. Thinking of getting a second one

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Play close attention to the C3 (or any C series). It has several areas where water circumvents the filter pads and goes right back into the tank. Not really a problem, but it's something to keep in mind when weighing this filter against others. It's got bypass issues, too.

Both of mine also choked if I didn't have the flow control at the midpoint or higher. REALLY ANNOYING when I needed lower flow. The impellers would make a rough chopping sound because the low flow didn't flood enough water into the impeller chamber.

I found that's was the problem with my AC110. I used it in the lowest setting and the impeller would hit the impeller cover, thus making a rattling sound.

Also, from what I see with the C series, water has to at least flow through 2 chambers before being bypassed. The AC could be bypassed right away. But honestly don't think the bypasses is such a big issue

Back
Top Bottom