mean fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
yesterday i bought 2 snails and in my chiclid tank i witnessed the chiclid tearing out the snails 1 tenticle and then almost taking a bite outta the snails body and knocking him off the wall and also 2day i seen my puffer fish do the same
would it be bad for the snails to get eaten?

That would depend on whether or not you wanted the snails in your tank. If you wanted them then yes, otherwise it is keeping the snail population down.

eh it doesnt really matter to me if they die and not eaten fully ill take em back and get my refund and they were only 1.30 so wasnt bad

nitrous said:

I guess it would depend on perspective.....for the cichlids it's like a gourmet meal yummmmm but for the snail it kinda sucks.

On a side note I've heard that snails are kinda necessary for puffers to help keep their teeth trimmed.

nitrous said:
yesterday i bought 2 snails and in my chiclid tank i witnessed the chiclid tearing out the snails 1 tenticle and then almost taking a bite outta the snails body and knocking him off the wall and also 2day i seen my puffer fish do the same

8O Awwwwwwwww..... poor snailies. What a horrible way to die. :cry: I know it's the natural order of things, but ever since I've started keeping aquatic snails, they've become the neatest creature in the tank. I feel bad when I hear of one getting torn up and eaten alive. :cry:

Sorry. Had to give the snailian point of view on this.

yes cichlids and puffers will eat snails. YOu might wan't to get some pond snails or Maylasian trumpet snails or something to keep in your puffer tank becuase they need them to keep their beak sharp. Keep in mind the snails breed like CRAZY.

Awwwwwwwww..... poor snailies. What a horrible way to die. I know it's the natural order of things, but ever since I've started keeping aquatic snails, they've become the neatest creature in the tank. I feel bad when I hear of one getting torn up and eaten alive.

Sorry. Had to give the snailian point of view on this.

Yeah, I can't even watch when my puffer is eating snails.

yes cichlids and puffers will eat snails. YOu might wan't to get some pond snails or Maylasian trumpet snails or something to keep in your puffer tank becuase they need them to keep their beak sharp. Keep in mind the snails breed like CRAZY.

Maylasian Trumpet Snails have too hard of a shell for puffers, it can actually break their beak. I wouldn't recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom