Mean Gourami!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puddle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I bought 2 Gourami's a while ago and they are both healthy. One is bigger than the other and chases the small one all the time so it hides alot :? . It will eat but only when it can see it's safe. Is it a good idea to get another/a few or is 2 usually OK? Or are there any other things I can do - I feel very sorry for the little one! :cry:

Thanks!

I had the same problem with a pair of gold gouramis that I had. I pulled the bigger male out and the smaller female is growing rapidly. now she's being mean to some of the smaller fish.

On a side note, she ate two of the snails that I put in for the yoyo. she slurped them like it was quarter oyster night at hooters.

Do you know if you have a male or female or both males? Are they the same type of gourami? Quite frequently male gourami's have difficulty being housed together.

Ha ha perhaps I should call the mean one Hooter now... ;)

I have two Dwarf, they are both quite silvery blue, not much red - need to check out the dorsal fins to try to figure out the sexing. Tank is 40gallon...

Think the beaten up gourami is going to go to Fish heaven - wasn't looking good this morning! :(

Back
Top Bottom