Mean Ole Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CRaZeeeBiTcHisH

Aquarium Advice Freak
What i get for being ms nice guy?? my little misfit 3.5 inch convict killed my 10.5 female oscar................................wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
they have lived together forever! i was waiting until the last possible minute to take him out of the big tank, and he murdered her...now i am stuck with a huge male that is nottttt gonna want a new gf. that darn connie has raised babes in that tank with the o's.....you guys aren't gonna believe this though...when i saw that she was hurt, i scooped him out and put him upstairs, i didn't realize how badly she was hurt at first, but it wouldn't have made any difference, she was in too bad a shape....when she died, omar ( her man) kept sliding by her, as they do--anyone who doesn't keep oscars may not believe this but they absolutely love each other, they stay together all the time, take up for each other, rub on each other, etc. they are like an ole married couple. she was an albino and she couldn't see very well, so i guess she made an easier target than he did--anyways, i put her in the net and let her float at the top of the tank for a little cuz i could tell he was upset, i know it 's a fish, but it's true!! neither oscar has ever been destructive or moved things around in the tank, if anything was uprooted, the connie dug it up--well, as soon as i took her out, he went nuts, nuts!! he started ramming into the glass, fixtures, pulled all the plants up, turned over anything he could, he would lay his head over, throw out his fins and fly into whatever was closest!!! it was soooo SAD. i watched him for at least an hour, and he was still at it when i went to bed, that was a few weeks ago. for about the first week, he didn't want to eat, he hid a lot, lurked around.....mopey, didn't swim much, i started to think he was going to die too, he finally started eating again, so i cleaned out the tank, put everything back together, and OHMIGOD, this is not the same fish!!! he is sooo destructive now, i guess he's lonely and bored...the 2 feeder guppies that had lived with them for 6 months , they had been just too damn cute to eat ( or too small to chase) were no longer there.... he has moved the SLATE based driftwood clear across the aquarium, charges it everytime it CHALLENGES him, has not only uprooted every plant, but dismembered EVERY single one!!!! he seems to take pleasure in charging through the pieces of the plants as they float by like a bull through a red cape!!! argh!!!!!i put them together and he shreds them again :roll: !!!! a year and a half to get a freakin' oscar pair, and i got a madman. now. where to go? lol. i don't want to abandon him, so i guess i will try to get him a friend, just hope it's not an expensive lunch , although i think he will be having gourmet.....

I'm so sorry crazyB. real bummer. Arent you tempted to put the convict back in there and let him get his just desserts? No recommending it, but I'd be tempted to watch Mr. Oscar beat the connie to little pieces!

Never kept oscars (not for long anyway), but I have heard so much about their intelligence and emotions. It sounds just like a human going through stages of grief!
Good luck, and I hope you can find a way to make him happy again.

I have a 7 inch Oscar, named....oscar lol he is just like yours, well was. I set the tank up, the next day everything uprooted and not just that but the pieces of the plants too, he tore them up, now he's chill, I gave him company with green terrors that actualy bbred and had two rounds of babies, never was aggressive, had his corner, just a funny fish, very intelligent, it would charge at my mom and only her and I figured it was because she has red hair, lol I'd like to get a real big tank and just have like ten of them! Well that may be alil too much

I have a 7 inch Oscar, named....oscar lol he is just like yours, well was. I set the tank up, the next day everything uprooted and not just that but the pieces of the plants too, he tore them up, now he's chill, I gave him company with green terrors that actualy bbred and had two rounds of babies, never was aggressive, had his corner, just a funny fish, very intelligent, it would charge at my mom and only her and I figured it was because she has red hair, lol I'd like to get a real big tank and just have like ten of them! Well that may be alil too much
you do realize this thread is from 03,right?

No kidding, time flies, well someday maybe 8 years down the road some guy reads that thread, replys to it, then maybe I reply 8 years later. Lol I honestly just didn't even see the 03. I thought I was in the current thread section

Back
Top Bottom