Mean tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would defiantly take back the red serape tetras, there aggressive. You might be able to keep it for now, but thats a fish that can reach 6 in when full grown an needs a 30g min tank

Well when I can afford it I will definitely get a bigger tank. I have read a lot about bioload issues and I don't have any of the common things. I just had some very aggressive tetras and that's the only thing that was wrong in my tank

The Pleco is tiny, like half an inch long. And all the other fish are tiny as well

I'm sure that is why they told you it would be fine. The thing you have to learn before you buy fish you need to research the species you want and see what its "adult" size will be. This is the most common beginner mistake. You see these cute tiny little fish and think you can have a ton of them not taking into consideration their eventual size and bio-load. So that being said if you do as I said in the other post about WC's and returning the pleco you will be able to keep those fish in the 5.5g for a couple weeks until you can get another tank, preferably a 15g set up.

Back
Top Bottom