Mebbid's 10g planted Betta build / progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is a journal of my Planted 10g betta tank. Currently my tank is running an 8 Cree XP-g dimmable light fixture that I put together myself. I am also dosing a Macro / micro nutrient fertilizer as well as excel until I get my diy co2 in place.

For fish in this tank I currently have my Betta as well as 4 panda corys. I also plan on adding RCS as soon as they are breeding.

Betta in my first aquascaping attempt. I had Black Diamond blasting sand and noticed that my betta was a bit overzealous while eating and would suck up some of the sand while eating. When I noticed that, I decided to switch to a different sand. The plastic plants were only a temp thing while waiting for my LEDs to arrive.
75748-albums12252-picture56350.jpg

I believe that the plastic plants that I used at the beginning caused his fins to tear and a case of fin rot to develop. He is now fully treated and recovering and his fins look sad and ragged :( I removed the plastic plants as soon as I noticed the issue and replaced it with a ball of Christmas moss for him to lay around in to his hearts content.. Which he did.. Often

This is the tank with the new sand and basic desired layout along with the christmas moss.
75748-albums12568-picture57523.jpg

Basic Hard Scaping

75748-albums12568-picture57524.jpg

Light fixture finally made! Good bye crappy t8 and hello LEDs. The pictures don't do the light any justice. It is much brighter and there is an amazing shimmering caused by the filter. Loving the light already.

75748-albums12568-picture57525.jpg

Plants in the tank so far:
Dwarf Four Leaf Clover
Narrow Leaf Chain Sword
Dwarf Baby Tears
Cardinal plant
Rotala
Cabomba
Christmas moss - until I can find a use for it

Well it's been 1 month since the tank has been up and running. Added some plants, nursed my betta back to health from his fin rot and dealt with a big algae bloom which is finally going away.

I am waiting for some of my plants to grow in some more before I really start to worry about scaping things because I don't want to keep disturbing them while they are finally established in the tank.

75748-albums12568-picture58778.jpg

75748-albums12568-picture58779.jpg

75748-albums12568-picture58780.jpg

Back
Top Bottom