Mebbid's Fishtopia: Various tank builds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been a while since I've talked to you, Mebbid! I'll be following along. Nice fish by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! and you're right, it's been far too long since we've talked.

If they breed could I possibly buy some if they are small like their parents. I think they look awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll have to keep you in mind :)

Beautiful labs! I wonder why they stayed so small. Also love that driftwood.

Thanks! I've always wondered the same thing myself. That driftwood is one of the reasons I love my LFS here in Lansing. They have just about everything you would ever need for aquariums all reasonably priced... Although the driftwood gets a little pricey.

Those labs are pretty amazing actually. Dwarf Africans?? The possibilities are endless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yellow labs that you can keep in a 10g tank would be freaking amazing.

I guess that settles it then, I am going to have to do a dwarf lab breeding project :)

They weren't on my list but they are now.

It will be interesting to see what the cause of their dwarfism finally is. I'll have to do at least 2 generations to make sure. That is, assuming they breed at all.

Perhaps they are a cross of some dwarf species and labs? Labs will breed with almost anything

Perhaps they are a cross of some dwarf species and labs? Labs will breed with almost anything
They were in a mbuna only tank with rusties and a school of something else that were also 6" monsters. They could be a crossbreed i guess, but it shouldnt effect their size this much.

A whole whopping 2 days :)

Make sure to give them some prazi and epsom salt soaked food to clear their guts of nasties (y) I just recently had awesome success treating spironucleus in angelfish with 3% epsom salt solution soaked food, so I've added it to my new-loach-treatment as well. Congrats again on the new loaches, I can't wait to see as they grow :D

Make sure to give them some prazi and epsom salt soaked food to clear their guts of nasties (y) I just recently had awesome success treating spironucleus in angelfish with 3% epsom salt solution soaked food, so I've added it to my new-loach-treatment as well. Congrats again on the new loaches, I can't wait to see as they grow :D
Thats an excellent suggestion. With the number of fish i recently added im sure to have something in the tank.

Whats your fav food for them?

Their staple is hikari sinking wafers and algae wafers. But we also give them a lot of freeze dried krill (they eat it out of our hands :D ) and frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. Plus fresh fish and veggies. They eat just about everything we give them but seem to like the krill and worms best. And of course, live snails if you're not afraid of a few surviving...

I have some of those guys too! They are great. Where'd you get them? I'm in the Detroit area...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Their staple is hikari sinking wafers and algae wafers. But we also give them a lot of freeze dried krill (they eat it out of our hands :D ) and frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. Plus fresh fish and veggies. They eat just about everything we give them but seem to like the krill and worms best. And of course, live snails if you're not afraid of a few surviving...

I have some NLS sinking pellets that they seem to like quite a bit. I'll definitely have to try some of your other suggestions as well for them.

I have some NLS sinking pellets that they seem to like quite a bit. I'll definitely have to try some of your other suggestions as well for them.

Basically any quality sinking pellet is a good staple. Always good to mix things up. If nothing else I recommend the freeze dried krill if you want to try to get them to hand feed.

Back
Top Bottom