Medicine or water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foxyhasswag

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know I have already made a thread on this but my angelfish has fin rot does anyone use just medicine or just keep the water clean as possible only just got him yesterday his tail,analfin,and one swimming fin have been torn and looks like a milky white color can anyone help me on the next step as I say I only just got him yesterday and love him to pieces so want to help the best way possible not a very good pic but don't want to stress him out

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1396818588729.jpg
    1396818588729.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 60
Nice angel. Angels are my favorite and have been keeping them for many many years, I can tell you that water changes are key for these and any other fish. Do not add medicine, I know you mentioned the angel got torn fins from another fish. You might be confusing torn fins with fin rot and either way, a good diet and lots of water changes will do more for the fish than any medicine and besides, you might open up a can of worms by adding certain meds into your tank.

That's a beautiful angel you've got!

It looks more like fin damage to me than fin rot. I've had a really good experience using Melafix by API with my angelfish. It's not technically a medicine at all, it's just tea tree extract. It's recommended for almost any skin condition, so I don't see it hurting so long as you follow the directions. It won't harm your healthy fish at all, either.

I use tea tree oil on MY skin with good results, so it's interesting to see that it works for fish as well.

I decided to put one bit of medicine in just in case and will be keeping water prestine starting to look a bit better

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom