Medium size fish small tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ndw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10 gallon tank is there a medium size fish that would be happy in a tank like this (other than a betta) thanks

1 dwarf gourami but only 1..

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Thankyou. I also have a 5.5 gallon tank for my betta and am thinking about putting shrimp in with him. How many would you recommend putting in

I have a 5.5g with my betta, 8 ghost shrimp, and 8 trumpet snails that are all very small. Any other shrimp besides ghost have a very high probability of getting eaten by the betta. Even the ghost but they are harder to see for most bettas.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

I would start out with only 1 or 2 of whatever you put in to make sure your betta doesn't eat them and if everything goes good for a few days with no deaths then add more

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

I was looking at rcs but I may go for ghosts instead if they are more likely to survive. So I would only be able to put 1 dwarf gourami in the 10g and nothing else

No no... Just no more than 1 gourami. You could add dwarf Cory, a school of small size tetras, snails, cherry barb, endlers, possibly raspbora. And many more.

I recommend trying out aquadvisor.com. If you've never used it before it will become your best friend.

And if you can get any because they aren't quite as common... Scaler badi are awesome. Just sometimes picky eaters.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Il look into that site, is there any specific care requirements for ghost shrimp or are they fairly easy going

They are pretty easy. Mine love pretty much anything that goes to the ground to eat. Although, life span is much shorter than any other shrimp because many people use them as feeders. They are 0.40 cents at petsmart or Petco. Mine have a death every couple months but I have them breeding so I don't notice too much.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Thanks for the help. I think il get some ghosts and see how they are in with him. I had him in a community tank for a while and noticed some of my smaller fish going missing every few weeks (literally not a trace) and convinced myself he's been eating them so if he eats the ghosts then il have to have him on his own

If the shrimp don't work then just go for snails!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

If the shrimp don't work then just go for snails!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

I'm just curious about your betta ghost shrimp tank, is it hard to do a gravel clean without sucking up the shrimps seen as they are pretty hard to see ?

My ghost shrimp are all about an inch so they are easier to see. But I do use a much smaller gravel vac on this tank and try to keep it submerged into the gravel.

Yesterday I switched this tank to sand though and have not done a water change this way. Luckily my gravel vac has a small hole.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Back
Top Bottom