Members Tanks Showcase Forums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
We have two new forums and the photography forum has moved. The Photography forum is now a sub-forum under the Show Off forum, as well as Freshwater Members Tanks Showcase and Saltwater Members Tanks Showcase. The Show Off/Photography Forum is for what it always has been, showing us your photos and asking questions about taking pictures, the new forums are for you to chronicle your tank and showcase it. Create yourself a thread in the proper forum SW or FW and tell us about your tank and show it to us. Show us your eqipment, your tanks inhabitants and best of all show us your tank. You get your own thread, all about you and your tank!!! At this time any registered member can reply to your thread, this has not been debated it's just the way I liked it, but if you guys would rather no one be able to ask questions or reply to your showcase thread...then that's how we'll do it. Until that decision has been finalized, feel free to start your thread and feel free to reply to other's threads as well. If you have a thread created already that fits the bill...feel free to PM me with a link and I'll move it to the appropriate forum.

Freshwater Members Tanks Showcase Forum

Saltwater Members Tanks Showcase Forum

Now if I could only get my fish to cooperate and pose when I snap a pic. The last few attempts they have darted out of sight when I snap. :?

That's just perfect!!! I'll be sure to snap some of my new fish. Of course- I haven't tried to see if tose cherry barbs of mine will cooperate. The male is a real beauty- but I don't know if I'll ever find him- he's fast- really fast.:)

Taking pictures of fish sure can be a challenge. Moving objects in water behind glass is a photographer's nightmare. Digital cameras are great for this because you can take 100 pictures trying to get that one perfect shot and not have to pay dearly for wasted film.

Hmmm...now the question remains...which photo to post :?:

You're right TCTFish, I have to take a million pictures before one comes out right! Lol.

Here's an idea that has worked for me several times. Just after feeding...yup...when there bellies are so full and they are exhausted from chewing and chasing food...carefully...slowly...click!

My angels are soo greedy...they hover at the top of the tank whenever anyone comes near it (do angels believe that we are food?) and I get as many angel pics that I want. The others...no cooperation whatsoever...LOL.

The only digi cam I have sucks just for regular pics, it'd be a nightmare trying to get the fish with it :?

This is an old thread......is the photo submission thread still available ? I don't see any pictures ?

my camera is rubbish for taking tank pics to any recemendations for good cameras for the job?

While we are on the subject, anyone have any advice for taking tank pics? I have had limited success but really want to get some good after shots of the tank I am setting up currently. I have a 3.5 mp digital camera that has worked great for years but I have had bad luck with tank shots...

I always take my tank pics the day after a water change the waters clearer and has less reflctions. I try to set my camra on top of something to stedy it. That helps alot.

This is what I do; first snap a pic of the fish in the normal tank it is in. Then take him out and put him in a small 2 1/2gal with a substrate and plants in the background. Place a peice of glass in the middle of the tank, seperating the swim area from the plants. Then place the fish in the tank, and with a top, cover him with a dark towel or blanket or something to block out all light. This will allow calming of the fish. Be sure to have a strong side-light for when you snap the pic. This will allow better viewing of the fish when we go to look at them.

Edit:
I forgot to add that once the fish is calming you could be snapping the pic of the normal tank that it is in. Oh and for bigger fish, use a bigger tank with the same principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom