Metal stand do I need.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvanv

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a new metal stand (30 x 12) for my 20 gallon long (30 x12) tank and was wondering if I should place a board or styrofoam on it before setting up the tank? This is my first metal stand and so I am not sure.
Any input would be appreciated.

I have all my 10G tanks on metal stands, no foam or anything needed. But if you want to make sure the tank won't slip around while cleaning, which 10G tanks do easily, you can get some type of thin rubber seal and stick it to the top of the metal stand, and place the tank on the rubber strip. This will keep it from sliding around. Larger tanks won't slip as easily as smaller tanks, but for your 20G, I probably would get some from your local hardware store or Lowe's or Home Depot.

I have a metal stand for my 90gallon the weight of the water should keep the tank in place because 20gallons of water is 180lbs.

20g is not heavy enough to worry about. It's the bigger tanks that crack from the stress if they are not level.

Back
Top Bottom