Methylene blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woodwork will be very difficult as it porous and soaks up MB. Skin is easy! Use either pure lemon juice or bleach and rub and scrub until its gone. Lemon juice is more forgiving and will not dry your skin out horribly. However, MB will not come off nails as its dead cells. You can try the lemon juice or bleach on the wood but don't expect great results. :)

Woodwork will be very difficult as it porous and soaks up MB. Skin is easy! Use either pure lemon juice or bleach and rub and scrub until its gone. Lemon juice is more forgiving and will not dry your skin out horribly. However, MB will not come off nails as its dead cells. You can try the lemon juice or bleach on the wood but don't expect great results. :)

In that case I am dead meat.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got a syringe for dosing MB. After I had it on my hands, never again. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've got a spare room... Just in case?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh no! That sucks completely. Well in that case I am no help. I would just help you freak out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Carpet......

LOL!!! I did that one before! Filled up a 5g bucket and dumped blue in and set it on the nice, cream colored carpet on top of a black towel. Went to get something and came back and stepped onto the towel. Squish....there was a crack in the bottom of the bucket and I didn't notice the blue seeping out because of the black towel! My husband wants to get rid of the carpets anyway! I just gave him a better reason.... :ROFLMAO:

Methyl blue is really stain... There's no way to remove it from stained skin, it take time. For silicon stains, it's permanent, for wood, give it time I'll say, maybe it won't go away...

I use it only when I introduce new fish, it darken the water, reduce fish visibility, so they feel more comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom