MH lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
travis simonson said:
Yes, stay away from Delta fans. They are server fans and do not make any concessions to noise values. I love them though. I've got four of them in my main workstation case :p Low RPM 120mm fans are the way to go.
I have several "server fans" in my 1RU Dell server (it's got duel everything so it gets hot) and my wife complains that it does sound like an air force jet whenever I turn it on (it's a play toy).

I had to buy better speakers for my PC because I couldn't hear DVDs over the fan noise :p But I digress. Weren't we talking about lights? :wink:

flanque said:
travis simonson said:
Yes, stay away from Delta fans. They are server fans and do not make any concessions to noise values. I love them though. I've got four of them in my main workstation case :p Low RPM 120mm fans are the way to go.
I have several "server fans" in my 1RU Dell server (it's got duel everything so it gets hot) and my wife complains that it does sound like an air force jet whenever I turn it on (it's a play toy).

You should move it over the an Antec Soho case, I have a Dual AthlonXP2200 2gb ram system running in the older 1080AMG w/ 500w PSU (original 430 died), it has 10 fans in it and makes less noise then a single 60mm delta. It's my production webserver, I like the antec cases, the Sonata is extremely quiet, and getting back to subject, it has 120mm fans (comes with 1, add another)

Back
Top Bottom