Mickey Mouse Platies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anubias

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm very interested in these fish. I'm looking forward of these new addition to my new tank!!!

Platies are hands down my favorite fish. They are super easy to care for. They come in a zillion colors. They all have their own personalities. They are readily available, and they are cheap. I love them. Enjoy them.

I've been doing research & they have caught my interest sooo much!!! I can't wait to have them in my aquarium. What tank size does the platie require???

I'd say at least 10 gallon. You can keep 3-4 in that. They dont do as well on their own, so 1 male and a 2-3 females in a 10 gallon would be fine.

I ve had Platys for 3 months now. At first I got the all orange kind with the turned up noses & then I added Wagtails. The little orange guys chased the Wagtails much I returned them. I also got a beautiful yellow Mickey Mouse. Love her! But, now I have 13 babies! So try to get all male or all female & get the Wagtails or MM. That s my humble advice anyway. Will attach pic of my favorite....,

image-247454917.jpg

I would say if you are not prepared for babies, get all of the same gender. I like seeing the babies, and my platies are in a tank with other fish, so only 1 or 2 of the babies ever survive.

Awwwww...It's sooo cute!!! Yeahh I definitely don't want any fry yet...I'll deflee get three females.. I also love the color on your fish....YOUR VERY HELPFUL THANKS,

Back
Top Bottom