Micro Anemone-like things, what are they?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrkayakman04

Aquarium Advice Newbie
These recently showed up in my tank. Anyone know what they are, if they are anything to worry about, and how to get rid of them?

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 109
I did some searching, and it seems that people have had success treating with Fenbendazole. So I picked some up at the pet store, mixed up a dose, remove my snails, and dumped it in.

The tank is cloudy, but I think I can hear the hyrda screaming. It won't be long now... muahahaha!

Hail Hydra

Hail !
They are often brought in on plants for most...
I am not sure if mine came on plants ,but once in the tank any overfeeding will be all they need to get a good foot hold..
Some fish [livebearers,cichlids ] may eat them but not enough to wipe them out completely alone..

Quick update:

Noticeable reduction in the hydra population today. All that were visible are now gone or significantly reduced and probably dead. All the fish are eating and behaving normally as well, so that's good.

For reference, I dosed 1 gram of Fenben in 75 gallons. A little stronger than what I read others have done, but results have been good and the fish don't even seem to notice it. Compare the picture below to the first one I posted, taken 24 hrs later.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 89
I have those in my saltwater refugium or something that looks like them. Would it be the same thing? They could be identical.

They are nasty little things but don't they just look cool!

Back
Top Bottom