Micro Fish For 10g!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a platy, guppy, and 3 small green cories (unsure what, but seem 2 inches) and owned them a few months. Looking to finalize with a school of microfish, that can survive without being eaten or sucked up in a filter...

Maybe a dwarf molly and some ember tetras? Again ones that wouldn't overstock, be eaten, or sucked up in the filter. (A smaller cory of the 4 got his body stuck, and died, shortly after saving him, as he was squished.

I would say your tank is stocked with the fish you have I would say killifish or endlers but IMO you are stocked.

With good filtration ad excellent maintenance, you could IMO add some ember tetras... maybe 6 or so... or maybe some galaxy rasbora or white cloud minnows.

Just to be clear, your emerald corys are not corydoras at all, but Brochis splendens, which grow to around 3 inches. They would fair better in a larger tank with a sand substrate. They have been sold by the trade as emerald corys for some years no, but when I was in the retail pet trade 20 years ago, they were always knlwn as green brochis. Why the trade does this kind of thing I don't know... just ignkrance to the true identity of the fish I suppose! I am a bit of a pedant though :)

I would not add any micro fish as many are shy and can easily be out competed for food. Your pushing your stock limit now as those Cory's grow quite large (too large for a 10g) and platies have a higher bio-load. Maybe add a couple more colorful guppies but that is about it. Just be sure to do a large weekly WC.

Ooh, nevermind, I asked, and my mom said I didn't buy any sort of emerald cories, but she's unsure, she thinks it said green corydoras. But anyways, I'll try white clouds...

How about try panda cories, bumblebee goby, oto cats and microrasboras? The goby eats frozen and live food only though...

Sent from my LG-P880 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom