Microbubbles... AGAIN!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so my old Aqueon used to shoot out microbubbles like no tommorow.

So I bought an aquaclear and at first no micro bubbles. But after 2 week it started shooting microbubbles (while everyone in a while shooting A GIANT steam of microbubbles).

It's getting really annoying and looks REAALLY bad.

Is the Fluval Aquaclear 50

I think it's sucking in air somewhere. I resembled the pipes and now the lid won't shut right. Ugh. Should've bought a canister.

I think it's sucking in air somewhere. I resembled the pipes and now the lid won't shut right. Ugh. Should've bought a canister.

What is your filter material? Sometimes filter material won't absorb water right away and could take awhile for air to dissipate. Try squeezing or shaking filter material when submerged. Other than that, if it is possible to raise water level that may help. And with the lid I'm not sure of but maybe reassemble pipes again and hope for the best. I know how bad micro bubbles look so I'll give my advice and experience. I know filter floss is notorious for giving micro bubbles. Best of luck.

What is your filter material? Sometimes filter material won't absorb water right away and could take awhile for air to dissipate. Try squeezing or shaking filter material when submerged. Other than that, if it is possible to raise water level that may help. And with the lid I'm not sure of but maybe reassemble pipes again and hope for the best. I know how bad micro bubbles look so I'll give my advice and experience. I know filter floss is notorious for giving micro bubbles. Best of luck.

It goes (from top to bottom) biomax, filter floss, sponge. The microbubbles DID pop up right after adding filter floss.

So will squeezing the filter floss in water first fix it? I change mine out every other week.

It goes (from top to bottom) biomax, filter floss, sponge. The microbubbles DID pop up right after adding filter floss.

So will squeezing the filter floss in water first fix it? I change mine out every other week.
After placing in filter make sure it absorbs water so there is no air. I have the same problem every time I use it. Just make sure no air is trapped an it should help.

If that doesn't help then try putting a sponge on the output. It's helped me before.

Back
Top Bottom