Mid level swimmers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oscarr19 said:
Does anybody know if congos are bad fin nippers? They'll be in a tank with an angelfish and i don't want them to shred his fins.

Congos need big tanks, and looking from your previous stocking list I think you should just stick to what you have right now.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Congos need big tanks, and looking from your previous stocking list I think you should just stick to what you have right now.

Me or Oscar ? I have an 80 gall with all my fish but my angels on the bottom

I've read they only get about 3 inches. The congos won't change my stocking list though. They're a tetra but i'm not sure which type i'm adding. Although if you say they're to big i'll take your word and get a different type.

Oscarr19 said:
I've read they only get about 3 inches. The congos won't change my stocking list though. They're a tetra but i'm not sure which type i'm adding. Although if you say they're to big i'll take your word and get a different type.

It's not that they get too big, it's just the equivalent of keeping cheetahs in a jail cell :) sorry bad analogy

Umm... not trying to shoot down what everone is saying but it is an 80 gallon aquarium. That is large enough for a small school of congos.

It's not that they get too big, it's just the equivalent of keeping cheetahs in a jail cell :) sorry bad analogy

lol well guess i'll stick with lemons or i dunno haha i wan't a colorful schooling fish and most tetras seem bland.

zooking12 said:
Umm... not trying to shoot down what everone is saying but it is an 80 gallon aquarium. That is large enough for a small school of congos.

It kinda an open thread I got my congos so now it's open for everyone to get some mid level fish

Well okay. How about some for my 55g? I'm gonna have cardinals, cories, black phantoms, zebra danios and a mid level fish;-)

Back
Top Bottom