mid-top dwellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ripvanrina

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi
I want more top dwelling fish in my tank that are a little more interesting than the ones I have. currently I have
25g cycled, unplanted
aquaclear 150 HOB
ph: 7.6 (or close to it)
NH3: 0
NO2: 0
NO3: 20

1 gold gourami
5 cardinal tetras
2 dwarf loaches
which i think is 18" of fish

I'm not very interested in hatchet fish, and if I got a krib or another semi-large bottom dweller would I be able to get a betta or platies or endlers or something like that? My tetras don't seem to be schooling at the top of the tank like i thought they would. I want a variety of fish, suggestions greatly appreciated! TIA

Well your tank is maybe a little too small for an african butterfly fish, though the fish would probably clear up some room by eating some of your other fish.... :mrgreen:

Aside from hatchetfish and african butterfly fish I don't know any other consistent top dwellers. I have never kept killi's though....They consistently stay up top?

A betta may not get along with your gourami and my betta is all over my tank so I wouldn't consider it a "top dweller." Platies go all over too. Not sure about endlers.

My female betta liked to stay at the top, and it got along with my two dwarf gouramis........ but it killed the guppy and the molly

Back
Top Bottom