Might Be A Stupid Question but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sugarfree

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If you had your aquarium in a room with a stereo that played loud music would it hurt your fish any?
TIA

ive had no experience with this but i wouldnt think it would harm them in any way. they might be annoyed or destracted by it. it might stress them more than they need to be stressed???

I have my aquarium in my room and i also play loud music sometimes. I've never seen them be shocked or scared when the music starts, so i'm guessing they aren't bothered with it much. I do believe they have some notion of noises around the aquarium, since all sound is vibration and glass will transmit this as will water.

But anyway, it won't really hurt them i believe.

HTH

I actually wondered the same thing, and refrained from putting a tank on my desk, as I have speakers and a sub that would be very close to it. Glad somebody besides me asked. :wink:

wow...good observation...
fish might actually be stressed by too loud music playing intermittently...i'm basing this on the fact that a tap on the glass or on the stand startles them...
mostly loud music would mean a powerful sub that can transmit vibrations to every media around it, including water...so unless you are playing very soothing music, every beat would amount to a huge 'tap on the glass'...

again i could be wrong...u have to experiment on them to be sure...which i personally won't do..i love them too much :) ...
someone who accidentally has observed something like this might come to your rescue...

I have 2 regualr stereo speakers in my room. I play music pretty loud once a day or so. I have always noticed that right when it comes on, they get a little startled (just like if someone scared you) but since music is constant vibrations, they get used to it after a second or two.

Back
Top Bottom