Mini Cycle or what? Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PK Tester

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all...I had my aquarium set up for about 1 and 1/2 months now. I decided I was going to get some live plants. I only had about a 1/2 inch of gravel in my aquarium so I added more. The water tunred a little cloudy instantly and stayed that way for about a day. NOW...My aquarium is extremely cloudy...my fish are acting stressed (all guppies). They are getting the same disease they got before when my aquarium went through its main cycle. I'm not 100% postive what to do? I changed 20% of the water two days ago. should I do a big water change? or what? I normally have a low salt concentration in there for my guppies about 1 tbs per 5 gals (my tank is a 12 gal eclipse). It had a bio-wheel...and the standard eclipse filter. I'm really worried because I just had 25 babies. I have a 10 gal almost through its cycle...should I throw the fry in there? TIA

Looks like it is a mini cycle...GAH...I'm never adding more aquarium rock again! my Nitrate is kinda high 50ppm...I have been trying to get it down foever! (20% water changes for a week straight and it still stayed up) uhhh My nitrite is in the caution range .5ppm (ALWAYS 0 BEFORE) 150 GH...hard warter and 80 KH and 6.9 PH. I have no ammonia test kit right now...ran out.

Back
Top Bottom