minimum tank size for a red tail shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but yes the 1.5 inch rule is and was a joke thats what petco and petsmart has their employees tell people i know cause im one of them.

Red Fin (aka Rainbow) sharks are in the same boat requiring 50-55 gallon +. Even sites like liveaquaria recommend 50+...and they're in the fish selling business, so they want you to buy one. There's not any fish considered "sharks" for freshwater which are suitable for less than a 55 IMO/E.

no totally different shark i was thinking of. we have some at my school thats what i was thinking about my teacher keeps calling them red finned but i dont think thats what they are.

I do not know of anything big that could fit in there. A ram, dg, or betta would look nice though, especially with a bunch of plants.

Bottom line is Red-tailed and Rainbow Sharks should be in a 55 gal at minimum and even then you may have instances of territorial bullying. RTS being worst than RBS's but either species exhibit similar tendencies.

+1 with Eco on Bala Sharks .... automatically your looking at a 6ft long 125 gal tank at minimum ... and that may be too small for a decent sized school along with other active fish.

Back
Top Bottom