Minimum Tank Size for Bumblebee Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've become very interested in brackish aquariums recently. Although I doubt I'll have one of my own anytime soon, I just had a question that was really nagging me.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about the minimum tank size of bumblebee gobies. I've heard people say they can do with 5 gallons minimum to 30 gallons minimum. After all this contradiction it's become pretty confusing. What would you say their minimum tank size is? Thank you!

Some are, and some aren't. There's at least 2 species that go under the trade name bumblebee goby.

The ones I've worked with I'd likely stock in a 10+, but I think they'd be ok in a 5 with diligent maintenance.

Some are, and some aren't. There's at least 2 species that go under the trade name bumblebee goby.

The ones I've worked with I'd likely stock in a 10+, but I think they'd be ok in a 5 with diligent maintenance.

yes. The ones with broken bands are brackish, the ones with full bands are FW.

I mean the brackish ones. So to get everything straight, 5 is the bare minimum but they'll thrive better in larger tanks?

Back
Top Bottom