missing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
2 days ago i bought the glass top for my tank so i could add a second light fixture...the thing is...when i put it on it was fine then as soon as i put the light on top of the glass the whole *&^%@#$%^ thing fell into the tank :evil: apparently the sharp brain who cut the glass had a faulty tape measure because they cut it too short...tank and glass top are from the same company... 8O believe it or not...so i quickly unplugged everything and cleaned up the mess of water and started counting all the fish...they were all fine except i coulndt find one of the 2 otos...since then ive been looking carefully and no signs of him...i changed the water a couple of hours ago and moved the plants around but had no luck...hes nowhere to be found...i even put the whole filter apart to see if he could have been stuck in there...nothing...other than this incindent...my tank has been running smoothly and have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and 5-10ppm nitrates...so i dont see a reason why he could have died...is it possible that he died and the other fish ate him??? the list of fish i have are in my signature...im sooo upset with the fish store....why would you sell a top that doesnt fit properly????

yes i checked behind around underneath..you name it...i cant find him...i feel like going to the fish store and ask them to give a free oto for selling that piece of @#&% glass top...

just wait until morning. Maybe add some food and turn out the lights

With the glass top dropping in the water, and things being turned off... i bet that was stressful. Maybe he will turn up in the morning

Yes, he is probably just really scared and found a very good hiding place. I've heard Otos can be shy anyway or at least need some cover from plants or so. That's probably where he is right now.

i hope so...im going to put a stalk of broccoli which they love and see if i can find him in the morning...lets keep our fingers crossed...

2 days have gone by and hes still not showing up...i wonder what happened to him...the other one is fine...and i called the store yesterday and they gave me another glass top and 2 otos...free... 8O ...still...i miss my little guy... :(

Back
Top Bottom