Missing fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poliwog17

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it possible my neon tetra was eaten by a red eye tetra? I was told they wouldn't mess with each other but my school is 1 down and a body no where to be found.

Poliwog17 said:
Is it possible my neon tetra was eaten by a red eye tetra? I was told they wouldn't mess with each other but my school is 1 down and a body no where to be found.

I am reading that it isn't unlikely that the red eyes will mess with slower smaller fish. Sucks when you get misinformation at a petstore.

I have had red eyes in with neons I know have then in with killies I have never had them harm anybody. Neons die easily n being so small it wouldn't be hard to loose the body.

Wiggles24 said:
I have had red eyes in with neons I know have then in with killies I have never had them harm anybody. Neons die easily n being so small it wouldn't be hard to loose the body.

I didn't expect that they would eat them but I also thought I would find a body somewhere but I guess I could just not be seeing it.

A small fish like that can get eaten pretty rapidly once it's dead:(. Again though I would be very surprised if the red eyes killed it

Wiggles24 said:
A small fish like that can get eaten pretty rapidly once it's dead:(. Again though I would be very surprised if the red eyes killed it

I did a complete water change and found it in the rocks so I am glad to know it wasn't the red eye.

Back
Top Bottom