Missing fish-tear it down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
So in my 5 I have 2 pea puffs and a bb goby. I had 2 but one did get sick a while ago and pass. It never seemed to affect anything else.
Anyway my second goby is missing. It always comes out for feeding but today didn't. I didn't even notice doing my PWC this morning. Its been perfectly normal so I dont think it was sick.
I'm actually a bit worried I siphoned it , which did happen to the other one once but I always inspect my old water and did see the poor guy, stark white in there, put him back and it was all good. I Checked my old water and watched as I siphoned but didn't notice anything so I flushed it down.
I just got home and still couldn't find it so I took my plant tweezers and moves some rocks and java moss until everything was properly stressed and stopped.
If you were me, and thank all the dark gods you're not, would you pull the fish and do a tear down? The thought of a rotting fish in a 5 gallon kind of bugs me.
Or
Would you wait a bit and see if it pops out of hiding?

If I tear down I'm redoing the tank setup and the though of stressing everything more irks me to.

Ugh
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nope. My 5 gallon has officially become the devils triangle of my house, but only since I just found out where my 30 gallons missing neons were going.

Hmm. A mystery? Call Scooby Dooby Dooooo!!!

Get the Scooby snacks!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Bumblebees are good hiders. I have 7 in my 55g and only ever see 2 at a time. Best way to find him is to remove everything from the tank. Rocks caves plants and filter. Anything that's not substrate and other fish.

Keep calm and drum on

Still missing. I may remove rocks if he doesn't show face today but it usually stirs up a lot. My base is small gravel then larger rock on top of those

I went on vacation for week once with 2 cory cats left, came home and found 1cory still left. Never did find the second one, but I suspect the shrimp ate his carcass. ruby, I doubt the puffers ate his remains as they are not scavengers, but strictly carnivores and eat mostly only live food. Is it possible that the fish died and then slipped down into a crack between the larger rocks? I wouldn't tear down the tank. Just monitor your water parameters and make sure nothing is out of whack. I doubt he is dead, just very good at hide n' seek :)

RIP took out the rocks and it passed. Odd its been healthy and eating tons. I wonder if the heat got to it. Been really hot here. Tried keeping the water cool but been tough

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom