Missing Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmanova

Aquarium Advice Activist
I added (6) Gourami's and (1) Red Tail Shark {all in the 2" range} to an established 50 Gal. tank w/ (6) Zebra Tetra's 3 days ago. Today I woke and found (1) Gourami gone. I searched the entire tank and it is completely gone.
The tank has a very tight lid! What could of happened? Could it of been eaten? Is that even possible? There are no signs of any remains! Please advise if I am doing something wrong and are unaware of it!

Well when fish die sometimes the other fish in the tank will eat it, at least peck at it a little bit. If you saw it yesterday and its gone today, then is imagine they would not have eaten the whole fish. Did you check everywhere possible? Decorations, around the heater, filter, etc? Is there any possible spot he could have jumped out

Wierd. I think this happens to everyone though. I had a few tiger barbs a while back and one randomly went missing. Looked everywhere and did not find it.

Is it possible the Red Tailed Shark is the culprit! The Gourami's all seem very peaceful! I see no sign of the Shark being aggressive and he is quite small {11/2" long}. The missing Gourami is way bigger!

If he's smaller I don't think it was him. Have you tested your water? How long have you had them

Sorry I see u had them for three days. You may have just gotten a sick gourami and he died. Then they snacked on him after he passed. That's my only conclusion if your sure he didn't jump out

Same thing happened to me, I found it quite alive way up inside of a structure I had. I had even taken it out of the tank part way and he didn't come out. Ten next thing you know, there it was!!! check it out

Chances are he was bullied and eaten. Those Gouramis are going to end up with serious aggression issues. What type are they? If they are dwarf Gouramis and males. You'll know about it.

I have 2-Opalines, 2-Golds , 2- Three Spots, with 3- Paradise, 5- Zebras, 4- Corys and 1- Small Red Shark. Are there any problems with this mix?

Back
Top Bottom