Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to bunebop
barbs + bettas = byebye betta 8O

~55 galFW ~6 zebra danios (I think, haven't seen some in a while), ~7 black skirt tetras, 1 clown pleco, 1 cory cat, 3 pit bull plecos, 1 baby guppy in a breeders net, and 1 red minor tetra

I also have a couple other tanks w/o fish as right now I do not have the room/time and there is a chance of moving in the "near" future so I don't want to get more fish for them. I'm downsizing for the moment.
bunebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:25 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not true, IME, I have three barbs in with one betta and they are fine.

My friend has tanks of barbs, glass catfish, and albino cats... and rams...
he's got a tank of just about any setup you can imagine. Every one of them
has a betta in it just to prove everyone wrong. I was shocked when i saw them,
but it works! 8O

I had a betta in one tank with a lyretail molly, and three dalmation mollies,
and he disappeared. I couldn't find him for days. No one had been bugging him-
I watched the tank to make sure. About a month later I broke down the entire setup and cleaned everything. the betta was a mass of jelly underneath one of my shells near the bottom of the filter.

Also at one point I kept a red clawed crab in a one gallon with a betta. All was fine for three month at which point the crab molted and died.

So I still don't know for sure what happened to my betta that disappeared. Fpr the longest time I decided he must have somehow jumped the tank. But if you find a mass of jelly somehwere in or beneath your decor, it's most likely him.

Old 08-13-2004, 01:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

wow, maybe thats what happened

1 fan dance goby, 1 drawf redtip gourami, 3 silver hatchet fish, 1 baby blue zebra cihlid, 3 Green Panchax killifish, 1 madagascar rainbow, 1 dwarf neon rainbow, 1 aquatic frog

90 Gallon
1 CAE, 1 giant panda cory,2 green spotted cory,
2 giant danio. 1 large tinfoil barb, 1 rosy barb, 1 marbled goby,
1 purple spotted gudgeon, 1 jade goby, 1 red dwarf gouromi, 2 clown loaches,4 tiger barbs, 5 weather loaches, 3 blood parrots,1 firemouth cichlid, 1 goldfish, 1 Electric yellow cichlid, 1 Auratus cichlid, 1 Zebra Tilapia cichlid,
1 Yellowfin Borleyi cichlid, 1 purple peacock cichlid, 2 striped barbs, 1 figure 8 puffer, 1 electric catfish, 1 african butterfly fish
kukerdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beta, male, missing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com