Missing Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henry1245

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm very confused!

I went away for the weekend, and when I came home, one of my mollies has vanished!

It's a 25g tank, I emptied the ornaments out thinking she must be hiding, but she's gone! I've even fed the others and no sign of her!

Is I possible that she died and the other fish ate the dead body? That's the only conclusion I can make!!

Confused!!

thats long enough for the other fish to eat it or its on the floor somewhere. I came home after being away for 3 days and my mudskipper was on the floor. idk how he even got out. I am quite upset now i only have one and the store that i got them from is out of business. atleast mollies are cheap and easy to find.

There's a lid on the tank so don't think he escaped (i'll have a good look behind the tank tonight though just in case!)

I just thought that 2 days isn't long enough for the others to eat him (even if he died on day 1!)

No, I didn't think it could get stuck in there as it was a good 2" Molly and I have a Fluval U2 filter which is relatively small:

Attachments

• large-fluval-u2-internal-filter.jpg
    large-fluval-u2-internal-filter.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 3,484
Do you have a pleco? They can do work on a dead fishy. Do you have a picture of your tank? How big was the molly?

yes, i have a common pleco, but he's only about 2.5", the molly is about 2".

I don't have a pic of my actual tank but here is a pic from online:

Attachments

• roma90black__80995_std.png
    roma90black__80995_std.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 3,402
I have had fish completely disappear. It does happen, I never found any trace of them. I assume they were eaten or rotted away. Generally a larger fish's body is hard to miss.

Thats what i don't understand, none of my fish are over 2.5" and none are older than 4 months... that together with the fact i was only away for 2 days... none of the other fish seem any bigger than they were - even the pleco!

??

Found her!

she floated to the surface all decomposed last night... dunno what happened to her, water parameters are fine and the other fish are ok... how odd!

Back
Top Bottom