Missing platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawnkniest

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set my 10 y/o daughter a small tank in her room yesterday. She had 4 platies. All going well today up till my last check just now where there is only 3 in the tank. The little filter I got turns out doesn't work but my dig was in vet for operation today so a new filter was last on my mind. I checked the one on there now (not working one hanging on the side) thinking I don't know but if it was is there and it wasn't. There is no body left in tank. So anyone got any idea wth happened? My daughter little upset as you can imagine and even tho I can replace it I don't want it to happen again if I have font something wrong.

check on the floor closely because if they jump out they dry up and blend with the floor sometimes

i found my female betta on the floor recently flopping around after i got back from class and i scooped her up and she died less then a week later

Homer8 said:
i found my female betta on the floor recently flopping around after i got back from class and i scooped her up and she died less then a week later

So sad :(

I had her for like a year and a half and she went through a lot. One time the heater went crazy and brought the tank up to the 90s and another time just didnt work and dropped to 63. She also while i was trying to breed her jumped out of the floating breeding trap i was using to separate her from the male while i wasnt home and she ended up killing the male. I guess she was trying to finish herself off

Back
Top Bottom