Missing tail fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason6942

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed one of my tetra glofish is missing his tail fin. Will it grow back and if not is he a goner. He seems to still move around ok but I don't know. Plz any advice?

I noticed one of my tetra glofish is missing his tail fin. Will it grow back and if not is he a goner. He seems to still move around ok but I don't know. Plz any advice?

It should grow back, just try to keep the water extra clean for it. Also, try to pinpoint the problem as to why it happened (fin rot, bullying) and go from there.

Thx!!! I think it's bulling from the other tetra but if its fin rot what are ways to determine that

I only have two. I'm pretty sure it's bulling. If I got another tetra do you think the bulling would stop.

I have 5 black skirt tetras( the original glow tetra, before being turned into a glow) and yet do fine, when I had three, boy were they little devils !

It's only a 5 gallon and have 3 fancy guppies, and two tetras, 3 snails, 3 ghost shrimp

Oh man, 5 gallon, you are greatly overstocked my friend! Skirt tetras need at least a 20 gallon long, upgrade!

Yeah I know I need to but it's gonna be a while before I can upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom