Missing zebra nerite snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaholic1

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I’ve seen a few threads where a Nerite snail goes missing but 1 out of 2 of mine has literally disappeared. The last time a saw the two of them was 3 days ago. My tank in a 23gal bare bottom quarantine tank which one small piece of bog wood growing Anubis and two fairly large sponge filters and an internal filter. I have looked everywhere took the lid off which is a very tight fit with no gaps. Can’t be inside the filter as the intake slots are as wide as a penny.

Where on earth can it be? Can they die and disintegrate over night?

This is really puzzling me and any help or insight is highly appreciated.

I have read that they can exit the tank if there is an opening. I have also read that sometimes they won't move for a few days. We have a Zebra Nerite that sometimes just blends right in. We just bought two very small Olive Nerite and they are very hard to find. I am hoping they will get bigger, and maybe easier to find. We have found them behind the heater, in the corners blending in with the black edges, and on the the black air line tubing. Hopefully your snail has hidden itself well and comes out of hiding soon.

Back
Top Bottom