Mixed Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumpnfishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm completely redoing all the tanks in my fish room and looking for a new look. Has anyone ever done a tank with gravel at one end and sand at the other?
My plan is an under gravel filter/power head at one end that goes to river rock in the middle and sand at the other end. This is a 75 gal tank. I have another 75 gal tank next to it and will do sand, river rock, gravel in it so it looks like one 8 ft long tank. The idea is this gives me plenty of different types of plants to include.

Any input welcome!

I have never done a mixed substrate tank but have seen many with both sand and gravel. You should go for it but i don't know about an UGF.

My 55 gal is half sand, half gravel. It's definitely doable and only mixes a little bit in the middle. :>

I have a 5 gallon with gravel substrate and sand substrate in the middle. The sand may mix a little bit with the gravel, but not too much. Please not, if you put sand on top of the gravel, some pieces of gravel may appear again if there is not enough sand covering.

Back
Top Bottom