Mixing Different Platies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I lost a couple of platies today, leaving my third one all alone. Tomorrow I'm going to the lfs to pick up some new friends for her. She's a red wag platy, and I was wondering if platies only like to make friends with other platies like them (ex. red wags with red wags, mickey mouse with mickey mouse) or will she accept all different kinds of platy. Thanks!

I lost a couple of platies today, leaving my third one all alone. Tomorrow I'm going to the lfs to pick up some new friends for her. She's a red wag platy, and I was wondering if platies only like to make friends with other platies like them (ex. red wags with red wags, mickey mouse with mickey mouse) or will she accept all different kinds of platy. Thanks!

any platy will do just be sure to have the male to female ratio right.

I have 4, 3 mickeys(1 M, 2 F) and a red wag (F) The red wag is a far size bigger than the mickeys and she still goes great with them.

That's great! I think I'll mix up the colors then. I've always admired the mickey mouse platies.

Back
Top Bottom