Mixing different types of food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coalcut

Aquarium Advice Activist
Rather than feed my fish flakes on one day, then pellets the next day, then brine shrimp on another day, etc. Is it ok the simply take a large container and mix flakes and pellets, and what ever else you choose, then feed them the cocktail daily?

Thanks

Rather than feed my fish flakes on one day, then pellets the next day, then brine shrimp on another day, etc. Is it ok the simply take a large container and mix flakes and pellets, and what ever else you choose, then feed them the cocktail daily?

Thanks
Can't see it doing any harm. I rotate my food but I don't mix it. It's also a good idea to not feed them one or two days a week.....

I feed flakes and pellets at the same time. I wouldn't mix them all in one container. You may end up with all the pellets at the bottom or something like that.

I use these containers:

image-1903654215.jpg

I fill them with the different types/sizes of pellets and wafers I feed, and because they all screw together, I only have to carry the one thing from tank to tank.
I don't like to mix it all together because some fish have different requirements- they may need to eat more, or eat first, be fed last, away from the others etc.

Back
Top Bottom