Mixing micro rasboras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered 6 B. maculatus, 3 are alive. I'm having a difficult time finding them somewhere else. Would it be ok to add a different type, navus or brigittae or even something else? Just want them to be happy, poor things are so stressed :(

Following.
I lost one of mine and don't expect to find them again.
:(

Following.
I lost one of mine and don't expect to find them again.
:(

Oh, sorry to hear that :( How many do you have?

My 3 are doing well, quite active and showing nice color. I'll check with the lfs to see if they can order any for me.

From what I've read you shouldn't have issues mixing them. I'm sorry to hear you lost them. :( I almost ordered some awhile back.. I think I've seen your other post. Where did you order from?
Give them lots of plants and cover.. I hope the rest make it.

Try looking on aquabid.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

From what I've read you shouldn't have issues mixing them. I'm sorry to hear you lost them. :( I almost ordered some awhile back.. I think I've seen your other post. Where did you order from?
Give them lots of plants and cover.. I hope the rest make it.

Arizona Aquatic Gardens. These were supposed to be replacement fish for a DOA order. Never again.

You won't have any problems mixing them, but it is a short term solution, and you should get the same type if possible. More than likely, they won't school together, and unless you get at least 8 of another kind, you will have two incomplete schools. You will find that unless there are at least 8, they will be very shy, and won't have as much personality. Stick with one, because they will still be lonely and left out though they might swim together from time to time.

Obsession is a matter of opinion

None on AquaBid right now.

I'm really enjoying them and think I want to stick with one type.

I started with five, lost one and another doesn't look so great but has been hanging on

Me too, not really sure what the deal is. He's eating fine but seems like it's taking some extra effort to swim, no other symptoms other than washed out coloring.
Once we get going I say we start a microrasbora breeding project and we can trade stock for different bloodlines :p then we won't have to struggle to find them anymore

If his tail starts to lose color, watch out. Rasboras are very susceptible to Neon Tetra Disease. I lost 5 in quarantine once out of 8.

Obsession is a matter of opinion

Me too, not really sure what the deal is. He's eating fine but seems like it's taking some extra effort to swim, no other symptoms other than washed out coloring.
Once we get going I say we start a microrasbora breeding project and we can trade stock for different bloodlines :p then we won't have to struggle to find them anymore

Hey I'd be in for that (y)

The Wet Spot in Portland has them on their list.... 1.50 each or 10 for 12.50. Not sure how their mail order works. I knew the owner about 20 years back, used to buy a lot of African cichlids from him in his wholesale warehouse, he was very reliable in those days and has started a retail store since. I went by there about 6 weeks back, big store with a lot of oddballs for a lfs. His fish all looked healthy. I just got back in the hobby, haven't bought any fish from him yet as I'm 90 miles away, but I did pick up a power filter from him cheaper than I could get it on Amazon as I was passing through.

Back
Top Bottom